• Individual Membership Application (pdf file)
Dues are .0081 (eighty one mills) per ton produced and processed in Kentucky with a minimum of $1,150 per year and a maximum of $60,000 per year.
Each year no later than September 1, each coal producing member shall submit to the association a report of the tons of Kentucky coal sold by that member during the 12 months ending June 30. At its Annual Meeting, the association shall levy dues on such reported tonnage for the following fiscal year billable January 1 to be remitted in 12 equal monthly payments; provided that dues may only be levied once on a ton of coal where a member delivers coal to a member.
• Associate Membership Application (pdf file)
The KCA Constitution and By-Laws, as they relate to associate membership, permit the executive committee and the full board to allow any firm or individual to apply for membership as an Associate Member. These applications are then reviewed and passed or rejected as set forth in the Constitution and By-Laws.
Dues Schedule - Definitions
Dues for Associate Members are as follows and are billed annually on January 1.
Land Holding Companies
• Large - $1,848 (Owning or controlling greater than 100,000 acres of coal reserves in Kentucky)
• Small - $985.60 (Owning or controlling less than 100,000 acres of coal reserves in Kentucky)
Equipment / Mining Supplies Companies
• Large Distributor - $3,080 (Over 80 employees based in Kentucky or directly servicing the Kentucky coal industry)
• Small Distributor - $985.60 (Less than 80 employees based in Kentucky or directly servicing the Kentucky coal industry)
• Direct Manufacturer - $3,080 (Selling equipment in Kentucky but not through a current KCA member)
• Associate Manufacturer - $985.60 (Selling equipment through a current KCA member)
• Large - $12,000 (producing more than 500,000 tons per year)
• Small - $6,000 (producing 500,000 tons per year or less)
• Large - $1,540 (Conducting over $750,000 of business annually with the Kentucky coal industry)
• Small - $924 (Conducting less than $750,000 of business annually with the Kentucky coal industry)
Transportation / Utility / Association
• Large Railroad - $4,928 (Operating as a Class I rail carrier in Kentucky)
• Small Railroad - $1,232 (Local short-line railroad in Kentucky)
• River Terminal - $985.60
• Trucking - $985.60
• Utility - $1,232
• Association - $4,928
• Sole Proprietor - $184.80
• Retiree - $123.20